I'm a girl, so let's face it I've had many of those moments. Today was no exception. As I was
So what was said product?
This...
The Infantino Fresh Squeeze. A way to make those convenient little pouches of purees at home!
As a BTDT mom I have a pretty successful system of making my own baby food, but it is still a messy and multiple step process. I have figured out how to organize my time and my ingredients so that I can do at least 3 different purees in one session. The problem is that once they are made they need to cool in the fridge, then sit in the freezer over night, then be transferred to large bags.
A few days ago a friend posted a picture on fb of a reusable puree pouch. I was intrigued but didn't give it much thought. Dillan never liked the pouches. He refused to eat anything from them.
Then I saw the Infantino on pinterest. I like that you can put whatever you want in them and they are disposable, no need to figure out how to get them really clean. And , it was cheap (in comparison to most baby gear). $25 for the kit pictured above. It includes 10 empty pouches. I also ended up buying a box of 50 pouches, the storage tray, and spoon attachments. If you're gonna do, then do it. Right?
So anyway, the Beaba is an all in one steamer and puree-er. There are several brands on the market now, but back then it was the first.
Rae has been eating solids since she was 5mos old and is doing well with them. I decided to use whatever I had in the fridge to make my first few batches of "pouchies".
After steaming and pureeing up some carrots (using fresh water for pureeing since the water from steaming has high levels of nitrates not so good for baby), I got out the Squeeze Station and starting filling some pouches. The process is easy enough, but can be a bit messy if you don't get the plunger in just so or there is extra air at the top of the bag before you cap it off.
The pouches fill quickly and easily.
Once the pouches are full (each holds 4oz) you can write the food and date on them.
The tray is neat, but not totally necessary. You could just as easily lay these flat in your freezer or use a breast milk storage tray if you have one.
I bought the Infantino spoons, but I have since found a set of "universal pouch spoons" at Walmart for $2!
Give the pouch a gentle squeeze to dispense the puree.
And there you have it.
Happy fed baby :)
"Ok mom, enough pictures. Feed me my dinner already"
Infantino Squeeze Station
Infantino Pouches- Pack of 50
Infantino Freezer Tray
Cleaning is a breeze. I soaked everything in warm soapy water while I fed the peanut and then was able to wash it pretty quickly and set it on the side to dry. It is dishwasher safe, but I tend not to trust plastics in the dishwasher and its much quicker to wash by hand. Especially when you plan to make several different batches in a night, as I did.
My biggest complaint was that the pouches were not reusable and it seemed like such a waste to throw that much plastic away. Especially when several other companies have reusable baby food pouches on the market now. It seems to be the new "it" item in feeding.
I must not have been the only mom to feel this way as now there is a Squeeze Station compatible reusable pouch available! I haven't had the chance to try them yet but will update my post when I do.
Check them out here. Infantino Fresh Squeezed Reusable Squeeze Pouch

No comments:
Post a Comment